Olympia is in the City of Strongsville and receives all city services, like trash removal, recycling, etc. Below are some quick guidelines.
· Currently, garbage and other trash, and recyclable material are collected on Tuesday of each week. Materials to be collected should be placed at the curb before 7:30 AM on Tuesday.
· Recyclable material is collected separately from trash and garbage. For this reason, place your bagged trash/garbage containers on one side of the driveway, and recyclable material should be placed on the other side of the driveway.
· Strongsville currently does not have blue bins to place your recyclables in. For recyclable materials, blue recycling bags can be purchased at local stores, like Discount Drug Mart, for example.
· Yard waste is collected with the garbage and must be bagged, except in the fall when special pick-ups are scheduled for leaf removal.
· Hazardous materials should not be placed in the trash (motor oil, pesticides, etc. are not recyclable).
· For more detailed information on trash removal and recycling guidelines, please visit the City's website at: